A low speed vehicle (LSV) is a vehicle with a top speed greater than 20 MPH, but not greater than 25 MPH. LSVs must be registered, titled and insured with personal injury protection (PIP) and property damage liability (PDL) insurance. Any person operating an LSV must have a valid driver license. LSVs may only be operated on streets where the posted speed limit is 35 MPH or less.
LSVs must be equipped with the following safety equipment:
- DOT Approved Windshield (Including wiper)
- DOT Approved Tires
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Driver-side and interior rear-view or passenger side mirrors
- Headlights, Tail Lights, Turn Signals and Brake Lights
- Parking Brake
- Reflex reflectors
- Seat belt for each designated seat
- High Speed Motor (Under 25mph)
We also convert on any Club Car Precedent or Onward golf car to make it street-legal. Fortunately in SCC we do not require a LSV or Street Legal cart but in surrounding areas there is a requirement for the LSV/Street Legal Vehicle conversion.
Please look at the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Link below for the information about street Legal Vehicles.